Michele Carragher, the head embroider on Game of Thrones, made this awesome tutorial to show how she created the dragonscale fabric that appears on several of Daenarys’ costumes in S3 and S4.
Ms. Carragher says that the dragonscale fabric was created because “In season 3 the Costume Designer Michele Clapton wanted a Dragonscale like textured embroidery that starts to emerge on three of Daenery’s costumes, which becomes heavier and more pronounced, growing and evolving as the season progresses” (Carragher).
In stages 9-11 of the tutorial we see how the textile evolves from lightly to heavily embellished. This progression is meant to illustrate Daenarys’ personal growth and the growth of her dragons (source).
Here’s a link to Ms. Carragher’s website.
Don’t care about Game of Thrones but that shit is cool
10:28 pm • 16 September 2014 • 35,031 notes
“1) Learn to put on your bracelets and zip up your dresses by yourself. There will be times when you will be alone.
2) Get on a long plane ride. Look out the window. Understand the immensity of our world. Understand your insignificance. Understand your absolute importance.
3) Press the send button. If you don’t say it now, you never will.
4) Do not sneer at happiness or roll your eyes at sadness. Be aware that apathy is not healthy.
5) You are more than the amount of people who want to have sex with you.
6) That pit in your stomach when he doesn’t text you back, it shouldn’t be there. No one should be able to control you like that.
7) Shopping is cathartic. Buy the shoes and deal with one-ply toilet paper for a while.
8) It will get better, but it will never be perfect. Learn to live through the small moments of happiness. When they disappear, remember they will resurface.
9) I promise that cookie will not change anything (except that it will make you smile).
10) Please, please, take care of yourself. You are everything to somebody. You are everything to your self. That alone is enough.”
— things to remember, -n.m. (via seabelle)
10:08 pm • 16 September 2014 • 123,440 notes
y’all remember that game in elementary school where each person would say one word and the next person would say a word etc so it’d create a cohesive story? let’s do that:
well playtime is over you’re all grounded
10:02 pm • 16 September 2014 • 57,467 notes
“I choose you. And I’ll choose you, over and over and over. Without pause, without a doubt, in a heartbeat. I’ll keep choosing you.”
— my hearth - lifequotesrus (via perfect)
10:01 pm • 16 September 2014 • 69,005 notes
"I MUST BECOME NASH GRIER’S DREAM GIRL."
IVE NEVER LAUGHED SO HARD IN MY LIFE THE POTATO LOOKS SO DETERMIND I NCATSFASDFASDFA
(Source: joshing, via b-0-m-b-s-h-e-l-l)
10:00 pm • 16 September 2014 • 147,321 notes